Monday, December 1, 2008

Coco and Cameron

I forgot to write about a very exciting day for out cat, Coco. I was out of town with Brandt, visiting Alex...helping to get things organized for his move into his grandparents, and changing schools. It was a great trip, we spent time with Merri and Nolan...and Dana and I took him shopping for some new "cool" school stuff. He picked out his first Cologne...my oh my, how has my little Alex grown up so fast?? :( On my way back into Bend, I picked Cameron up at preschool and was exhausted from the emotional trip and long drive. I unloaded the car, and wanted to get the kids ready for bed so Mama could crash! I put Brandt in the bath, and the doorbell rang. Everybody knows the first rule of bathing a baby..never leave unattended! Well, the doorbell kept ringing and ringing, so I figured it must be something important. I grabbed the kids...ran downstairs....opened the door...it was our very nice neighbors, holding our cat. ( I was kind of thinking, really...this was so important??) Turns out that Dave had forgot to leave out garage door opened a crack (where we leave her food/litter box) before he left for work. Somehow Coco got spooked and behind our house are some undeveloped lots with big trees. She got herself stuck up in one of them. The neighbor kids tried to climb and get her...but she just went higher. So they called the fire department to get Coco out of the tree!! I can only imagine what everyone else around must have been thinking. Well, the firemen got her down, and our wonderful neighbors kept her at there house, snuggling the scared cat, until they saw my car pull in. I was so embarrassed that they all had to go through so much for our Coco. I made sure to give them ALL of our contact information.....because Coco is not our only problem. Cameron also likes to leave the house with out telling Mommy or Daddy...The other night, when Dave was out of town he actually packed some clothes at 9:00 at night to go spend the night at the neighbors. We had a long talk about that. The next morning I found our front door open, not just unlocked, but open...I asked him how that happened and he replied in a "like duh Mom" tone...I told you I was going to spend the night at the neighbors! I was in total shock...we had another long talk. My neighbors are now on high alert for a little blond boy wandering the streets or ringing their doorbell at night! It might sound like I am an inattentive mother...believe me, I am with my kids 24/7... Cam is a smart boy and just looks for those moments when I am distracted. My life is never dull...I keep waiting for dull, but dull never shows up! :)

No comments: