Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Non-Thanksgiving

This year we decided not to do a traditional Thanksgiving. No driving hours to see family, no hosting, and no turkey at our house. Since we just moved and have so much still to do....mainly going through all the boxes in our garage, getting organized so we can fit a car in there this winter. I was actually relieved not to stress about the Holiday. Alex was with his Dad, and had all of his cousins to keep him company. And the little boys don't know what Thanksgiving is about yet, so we figure this was our last year to get away with that. Well, it did not go as planned...we rented a ton of movies and vegged out on Thursday....except my brother decided last minute that he wanted Turkey and all the fixings (We ordered Chinese :)....So Dave and Brett go all over to find a store that was still open...I think they found a Safeway open, and brought back such a delicious looking meal (Insert gag here)...I ate my Chinese, happily. The next day we took the kids and did some shopping for Holiday decorations. We ended up driving to Sisters, to one of my favorite antique stores...we found some neat stuff. On saturday, we had some friends over for dinner and Sunday was our Cameron allergy story. So, bottom line....the garage still looks like it did last week. Our Non-thanksgiving was for nothing. Oh well, that is life sometimes.....but I can't wait for our garage to be cleaned. My treadmill is out there, and I cannot wait to get back on the thing! We did ask Cameron what he was thankful for this year, and he said: his family, his best friends, his Grandparents, for people, and for love. He already has life all figured out! :)

No comments: